San Francisco CROP Hunger Walk
Sunday, October 24, 2010
1:30PM Registration, 2:00PM Walk
Lake Merced (Meet at the Parking Circle- Sunset Blvd/Lake Merced Blvd)
Catch the Muni Bus Line #29 to the San Francisco CROP Walk. It will drop you off right at the starting point at the intersection of Sunset Blvd/Lake Merced Blvd!
Sign Up Online!
How do CROP Hunger Walk funds help locally?
Each "CROP" event committee selects local organizations serving the hunger needs of the local community to receive 25% of the money raised through the walk. The 2010 San Francisco CROP Hunger Walk recipient will be the San Francisco Interfaith Winter Night Shelter
How do CROP Hunger Walk funds help globally?
75% of the funds aid in the work of Church World Service to:
- Support sustainable self-help development projects - digging wells, providing tools and seeds, rebuilding homes, teaching trade skills through micro-enterprise loans;
- Meet emergency needs, such as for survivors of the Central Valley freeze, floods, fires, and other natural and man-made disasters;
- Aid refugees - providing hope for those from the Balkans, Afghanistan, Iran, Burma, Somalia, Sudan, Ukraine, Russia, Laos and Vietnam and other countries - resettling them in the U.S. through our regional affiliate offices;
- Address the root causes of poverty and powerlessness
- Designations may be made by sponsors to other humanitarian agencies on envelope and on request.
How do I participate?
- WALK WITH US! You need a sponsor envelope from your recruiter, or call to sign up as an individual walker. Secure as many spnsors as possible, listing each person and pledge on your form or invite sponsors online. Checks should be made payable to : CWS/CROP, and sponsor forms (and money collected) should be turned in to the recruiter on WALK Day, or delivered to the Treasurer no later than November 5.
- RECRUIT MORE WALKERS! Invite and encourage your friends, neighbors, coworkers to walk with you. Many people walk to help and will appreciate the chance to participate.
- SPONSOR A WALKER! If you are unable to walk, sponsor other people who are walking or get your employer to match your gift! Please be as generous as possible for this annual event for the hungry.
- VOLUNTEER on the WALK COMMITTEE! We can always use more hands, feet and energy; contact us for the upcoming meetings.
- Have your employer/corporation sponsor the event! We accept matching gifts, in-kind donations, and sponsor donations to make this event possible.